Every Rose…

You know? I noticed our rose bush today and decided to try out a new lens on the thing. There are no roses blooming on it at this point, however, I noticed something intrigueing.

© copyright 2011, Robert D. Barrett

The thorns on this thing compare to baby shark teeth! And when I tried to move the vine for a better angle on it, I got bit!

I wonder if it is so the deer won’t eat them and we can enjoy them a little longer? Do women want roses because they know the guys bleed when they pick them?

© copyright 2011, Robert D. Barrett

Well that will give me something to Google this evening I suppose. Plant protection mechanisms. Cures for Rose Bites, etc.

Peace, Love, and Every Rose Has Its Thorn,

sig2

V7 Network 30 Day Bloggers Challenge
V7 Network Blog Challenge

8 Responses to Every Rose…

1. sidney says:

Thorns are good for many things. However around here the deer think that roses including the stems and thorns are like the cherry on top of their dessert!

2. Glennette says:

“Do women want roses because they know the guys bleed when they pick them?” :o)

Oh wait, hubby brings me roses all the time so maybe you have it backwards LOL

Glennette Goodbread
    Premium Web Design and Hosting

3. I really did LOL at ‘girls want roses cause they make guys bleed” SOUND PERFECTLY LOGICAL! 😉

4. Li Juris says:

Music began playing any time I opened this web page, so annoying!

5. Wendy says:

Bob, I liked your pictures! So have you ever been bitten by baby shark teeth? Or has some woman made you bleed? Just curious. Wendy

6. Wendy says:

Bob,
    Lovely pictures. Do you have any personal experience with sharks teeth?
    Wendy

7. Bob-O says:

Thank you Wendy! – Well – I have a puca shell necklace with a shark tooth on it that stabbed me once. And I’ve seen black tip sharks while snorkling but got out quickly. But no other experiences w/sharks. As for women none have made me ‘bleed’ (thank goodness) I try to be nice :c)

8. Bob-O says:

No music is configured to play on this page. Not sure where its coming from.